Updating the Camera Software
Open the Update System Software dialog to select special files with a
.mpl file extension for updating the camera software.
Loading the Update File
- Make sure you reboot the camera before you attempt to upload new software.
- Make sure that neither the power supply nor the data connection are disrupted while the upload is in progress.
- Never close browser windows or switch to other browser windows until the results of the upload are displayed.
- If the update fails, do not reboot the camera, but restart the upload process.
To update the camera software do the following:
- Download the update file from the MOBOTIX support page to your computer: http://www.mobotix.com/en/mx_download/.
- Make sure that you save the current configuration on your computer by opening Save current configuration to local computer in the Admin menu.
- Open the Reboot the Camera dialog, restart the camera and re-open this help page.
- Open the Update System Software dialog.
- Read the notes in the dialog! Especially if you are using an ISDN connection for the upload, read the notes for ISDN users!
- Select the upload file on your computer.
- Click on the Start Upload button to launch the upload process.
After the software has been updated successfully and after you have rebooted the camera, message windows may alert you of configuration parameters not matching. If this happens, you should reset the configuration to factory defaults, either in parts or as a whole.
If you would like to keep certain settings, you should choose Everything except the parts checked below and then activate all options that should not be replaced, such as Security, Networking, Audio, ...). This applies to the Audio section in particular if the camera is being administered using an ISDN connection. You will not be able to reach the camera otherwise!
For additional information on this topic, see the Configuring the Camera help topic.
©2001-2019 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/